- "What can we do to help RAWA?" This is a frequently asked question we receive from our supporters and well-wishers around the world. Below we give some suggestions:
Give RAWA up to 26% of each purchase you made at no extra cost to you.
- introduce RAWA and its activities to individuals, groups, schools, universities, organizations, and other bodies in your community and raise awareness on the plight of Afghan women.
- organize fundraising campaign with the help of your like-minded friends/colleagues to collect monetary donations for RAWA’s humanitarian projects. (email us for guidance)
- urge different institutions in your area to invite RAWA representative to speak on the situation of Afghan women and RAWA efforts, to inform people about women’s rights tragedy in Afghanistan.
- give the people of your community awareness about the realities of Afghanistan by giving coverage to the crimes committed by the US and its allies, fundamentalist warlords inside and outside the Afghan government, and the Taliban, in your publications and websites/blogs. Write articles for and letters to the major media outlets in your town and country for the same puprp.
- urge celebrated personalities of your country to raise their voice in support of RAWA and Afghan women
- urge your government not to support the wars waged by the US and its allies in Afghanistan, and support fundamentalist groups of every kind in Afghanistan
- translate RAWA writings and articles for us into major languages, particularly in English (for those who know Persian, Pashto)
- translate articles on RAWA website into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese or any other languages you might know.
- organise gatherings, meetings, seminars, etc. to highlight the situation of Afghan women under the domination of fundamentalists inside and outside the government
- find art galleries, museums or other arts centers to host RAWA's photo exhibition.
- sell/distribute RAWA publications in your community against its price and postage costs
- donate computers for our training courses for women and children
- donate films with progressive and anti-fundamentalist themes (preferably with sub-titles in English) for our resource centre for anti-fundamentalist and human rights education
- write to authorities voicing your protest and support for RAWA in event of government or non-government violence against our organisation (assassination of our founding leader Meena in Pakistan; kidnapping and maltreatment of RAWA collaborator by Pakistani government secret service agents in Islamabad, April 28, 1997; attack by Taliban hooligans on RAWA peaceful demonstrations, April 28, 1998 and December 10, 2000; threatening of RAWA and its friends, attack on its staff etc.)
- make other donors aware of our needs
- come up with ideas of your own on how you can or would like to help RAWA.
Thanks in advance for your support and sympathies with your Afghan sisters.
Help us run Malalai Hospital, RAWA
Schools, orphanages, literacy courses, handicraft workshops and tens of other humanitarian projects and to publish publications, hold functions and demonstration and other political actions to show the fundamentalists
that the Afghan women are not alone in their struggle for freedom and democracy. We solicit your contribution to keep the flame of hope alight.