News from the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA)
RAWA News


 

 

 

Add RAWA RSS Feed to Feedreaders



 




 


RAWA Photo Gallery
From RAWA Photo Gallery
 


Help RAWA: Order from our wish list on Amazon.com

RAWA Channel on Youtube

Follow RAWA on Twitter

Join RAWA on Facebook


PAN, October 24, 2009

NATO troops kill four civilians in Kandahar

A family member of the victims, Ahmadullah, said the young boy who was killed in the incident, was going to marry tomorrow

Bashir Ahmad Nadem & Saboor Mangal

NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops have reportedly opened fire at a civilian vehicle in the southern Kandahar province, killing four people including two women, sources said Saturday.

Young man killed
One of the civilians killed.

The incident happened in Chawni area of Kandahar City, provincial capital, at 3pm, said provincial information department.

In a statement, the department condemned the incident that happened when the foreign forces were passing the area.

The Governor's House has launched an investigation into the incident.

Head of the Mirwais Hospital in Kandahar City, Dr. Mohammad Daud, told Pajhwok Afghan News four dead bodies and two injured persons were brought to the hospital.

The dead included two women, a child and a young boy, added Daud.

He said the condition of an injured woman was critical.

A family member of the victims, Ahmadullah, said the young boy who was killed in the incident, was going to marry tomorrow.

Canadian troops are based in Kandahar, but they have so far issued no statement about the killing of civilians.

Meanwhile, the information department said the foreign forces have detained a man allegedly involved in making and planting roadside bombs in Karez area of Maiwand district.

Four armed insurgents were killed and as many were detained by special foreign forces in Khoskawa area of the district, according to information department.

Taliban have so far said nothing about the incident.

Meanwhile, a military vehicle of foreign forces struck a roadside bomb in Rabath area of Paktia province this noon.

NATO office in the southeastern zone said the blast damaged the vehicle, but caused no casualties to the troops.

However, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the attack killed five foreign soldiers.

Category: US-NATO, HR Violations - Views: 8525