PAN, February 12, 2013
7 civilians killed, 3 injured in separate attacks by ISAF
Scores killed and injured by ISAF forces
By Farid Tanha
MAHMOOD RAQI: More than a dozen Taliban fighters were killed during an operation in the Tagab district of central Kapisa province, officials claimed on Tuesday. But a resident alleged six civilians were among the dead.
Afghans gather around the body of a man who they claim was a civilian but killed by NATO forces, during a protest in Ghazni province August 8, 2011. On Monday, three hundred angry Afghans took to the streets in central Ghazni province carrying the bodies of two people they claimed had been killed during a raid by ISAF troops. (Photo: Reuters)
The ongoing operation was launched Monday night by Afghan and International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) personnel in the Badarab area of the district, the town’s administrative head said.
Abdul Qudus Safi told Pajhwok Afghan News a dozen insurgents were killed and one injured detained by the security forces. He would not give further details of the swoop.
But a resident of Mirakhel area said on condition of anonymity that a local Taliban commander, Lal Said and eight of his associates were killed in the operation, which also claimed the lives of six civilians.
By Bashir Ahmad Naadem
KANDAHAR CITY: International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers on Tuesday opened fire on civilians, killing one and injuring three others in the southern province of Kandahar, officials said.
The incident took place in the Spin Kuchi area of Spin Boldak district, the provincial police chief, Brig. Gen. Abdul Raziq, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
A delegation has been sent to the area to investigate the incident. Foreigner troops have no yet commented on the issue.
Characters Count: 2313